SEND Provision at St Bede's
Statement of Intent
The vision of the faculty is to: ‘build independence in order to achieve each student’s potential and maximise their strengths, whilst providing support to compensate for their weaknesses'.
We intend to:
- Ensure transition visits both to and from St Bede’s are smooth and the least stressful for our students.
- Create positive working partnerships with students, parents/carers and professionals working with students with SEND.
- Ensure all staff have the knowledge and expertise they need to best support students with SEND, including adaptive teaching in addition to pastoral support.
- Support all EHCP outcomes and personal SEND targets to gain maximum educational progress.
- Gather consistent baseline information for all students upon arrival, to identify and inform need and provision.
- Provide bespoke individualised programmes of support responding to need, aiming to raise academic profile, confidence and self-esteem, wellbeing, social skills and familiarisation with arrangements for formal assessment.
- Review outcomes and progress in line with the Code of Practice to inform ongoing support.
- Ensure equal access and opportunities for extra-curricular events, trips and visits.
- Ensure support, including formal access arrangements, for GCSE studies and exams.
Please see our school policies page for the SEND policy and SEND information report.
For further information, please contact:
Dr Fiona Ross SENDCo: SEND@stbedes.cambs.sch.uk