Something doesn't feel right

Are you feeling worried about:

  • Something that has happened to you or someone else
  • Not knowing who to turn to
  • Coping with your mental health

Whatever's happening, you don't have to cope alone.

At St Bede's, Safeguarding and Child Protection are regarded as the single most important aspect of each person's role. 

The school Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is Alistair Day (Headteacher).

Given the importance we place on safeguarding, we have a number of Deputy DSLs who are also all trained to deal with safeguarding concerns.

Please use the email address when reporting a concern. The DSL will be able to access the concern, at any time.

If you, as a student, parent or carer, have any concern or worry, you can speak to any member of staff at St Bede’s.  They will then pass on your concerns to the Safeguarding Team.

If you feel that a young person is at risk, or is the subject of abuse, you should contact the DSL, using the email address above, as soon as possible.  

Members of staff with a Safeguarding concern should record their concern via MyConcern, as per our annual training.

Our Safeguarding policy can be found below:

Safeguarding Policy


External help and advice

Get free, confidential support from a Childline counsellor about anything you want to. You can talk to Childline from 7:30am-3:30am every day, either online, by calling 0800 1111 or by sending a message from their website.

Kooth is a digital mental health support service for young people aged 11 to 25 where they can access online support from a team of experienced counsellors. Access is free and there are a range of tools, such as activities and moderated chat forums that can be used to enhance young people’s mental health and wellbeing.

Support and guidance for parents from leading experts and organisations.


Visit your doctor or nurse

You can make an appointment with your doctor any time. You can usually see them by yourself. Even if you can’t see your doctor in person, you can usually talk over phone. Find out more about visiting your doctor.


Victim Support

Victim Support is an independent charity dedicated to supporting victims of crime and traumatic incidents including domestic violence and abuse in England and Wales.


Contact the police

If you’re feeling unsafe, you can always talk to the police. In an emergency, you can call 999 to get help straight away.

To report an incident or crime you can contact the police online
You can also report online sexual abuse or exploitation to CEOP

To report online material promoting terrorism or extremism contact report terrorism