Free School Meals
If you are in receipt of certain benefits your child may be entitled to free school meals.
Did you know?
- As we have a cashless catering system at St Bede’s, the free school meal entitlement is credited to the student’s account and they buy their food in the same way as every other student, without any risk of identification or embarrassment.
- If eligible, your child does not have to use their entitlement, but it’s there if they would like it
- For each child eligible for free school meals, school receives an additional pupil premium – please see our Pupil Premium section for more information.
Is your child eligible for Free School Meals?
You should apply if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit - but no element of Working Tax Credit - and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (as from 1 April 2018)
Applying is easy
Please find the online form along with further information at:
You can also find a downloadable form or request one in an accessible format.
Parents/carers needing help or internet access to complete this forms are welcome to contact the St Bede’s School office.
For more information call the Education Welfare Benefits Service on 01223 703200.