Special Educational Needs & Disability
Statement of Intent
The vision of the faculty is to: ‘build independence in order to achieve each student’s potential and maximise their strengths, whilst providing support to compensate for their weaknesses.’
We intend to:
· Ensure transition visits both to and from St Bede’s are smooth and the least stressful for our students.
· Create positive working partnerships with students, parents/carers, professionals working with SEND students.
· Ensure all staff have the knowledge and expertise they need to best support SEND students,
Including planning, differentiation and delivery in lessons in addition to pastoral support.
· Support all EHCP outcomes and personal SEND targets to gain maximum educational progress.
· Gather consistent baseline information for all students upon arrival, to identify and inform need and provision.
· Provide bespoke individualised programmes of support responding to need within our Supported Learning room, aiming to raise academic profile, confidence and self-esteem, wellbeing, social skills, familiarisation with arrangements for formal assessment.
· Review outcomes and progress in line with the Code of Practice to inform ongoing support.
· Ensure equal access and opportunities for extra-curricular events, trips and visits.
· Ensure support, including formal access arrangements, for GCSE studies, including exam preparation and technique.
Please see our school policies page for the SEND policy and information report: https://www.st-bedes.org.uk/Policies/
For further information, please contact:
Mr W Jones, SENDCO: email@example.com