Statement of Intent
The aim of Theology at St Bede’s is to provide opportunities for students to:
· develop their religious literacy of the concepts, beliefs, practices and values of a range of religions.
· develop their Christian religious literacy by exploring the origins, development and diversity of Christian traditions.
· appreciate and assess the impact religions can have on individuals and society in the contemporary world; in particular, appreciating how Christianity has shaped the heritage and culture of Britain.
· practise skills of interpreting, analysing and appraising religious texts, values, beliefs, concepts.
· engage in theological and philosophical discussion and debate.
· encounter religions as lived out by individuals and communities locally and nationally.
Please click here to view the Curriculum Map for this subject
For more information please contact:
Mr D Johnson, Head of Theology: firstname.lastname@example.org