Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education (PSHCE)
Statement of Intent
‘Take part & make good choices’. PSHCE will help prepare students to become active citizens and make well-informed choices now and in the future.
· To deliver a PSHCE curriculum which develops learning and results in the acquisition of knowledge and skills which enable students to access the wider curriculum and to prepare them to be a global citizen now and in their future roles within a global community.
· To deliver a curriculum with appropriate subject knowledge, skills and understanding to fulfil the new PSHE strands Health and Wellbeing, Relationships and Living in the Wider World and the Citizenship statutory guidance. Students will use this knowledge to make positive and healthy decisions in their lives.
· Relationship and Sex Education will be taught in line with the Church of England and Catholic guidance.
· Students will be given the opportunities to explore and challenge a range of values, attitudes, beliefs, rights and responsibilities.
· Through the careful planning and delivery of a spiral curriculum, students will develop a range of age-appropriate skills and strategies to live healthy, safe, fulfilling, responsible and balanced lives.
Please click here to view the Curriculum Map for this subject
For more details please contact:
Miss A Lloyd, Head of Humanities: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs L-M Pugh, Head of PHSCE: email@example.com